White wine sangria made with Drambuie is one of my favorite summertime cocktails! Drambuie is one of the best known Scotch Whisky Liqueurs made with honey, herbs and spices. It is delicious served on the rocks or neat. White wine sangria satisfies thirst with great depth and flavor! Drambuie should be a main stay on your bar cart!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Assorted fruits sliced (I use a lemon, lime, half of an orange, plum, peach, and several cherries)
- 1 bottle of Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/4 cup of Cointreau
- 1/2 cup of Drambuie
- 3/4 cup of simple syrup
- mint leaves for garnish
Mint Infused Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- a handful of mint leaves
Mint Infused Simple Syrup (Prepare this a few hours before you want to enjoy your sangria)
- Mix 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan and heat until boiling. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Turn off heat.
- Toss in a handful of min leaves and let it steep for around an hour or so.
- Strain out the leaves and store in the fridge until you’re ready to use.
- Slice the fruit and place in a pitcher
- Cover with wine, Cointreau, Drambuie and 3/4 cup of simple syrup and stir.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Fill glasses with ice, stir sangria and pour.
- Garnish with a slice of lime or orange and a sprig of fresh mint.
Article Provided By: Justin Wilkes