We are always looking for a reason to throw a party and this month it’s The Kentucky Derby! It is the perfect excuse to get dressed up and celebrate with friends and family! We believe 3 things are essential to throwing a fabulous party… tasty drinks, exciting entertainment and delicious food!
We put a check list together for you to help plan this special day. Tasty drinks: Mint Juleps and Bourbon Slushies Check! Exciting entertainment: The Kentucky Derby check! Delicious Food: we got you covered! A Kentucky Derby must have: cucumber tea sandwiches. This sandwich is light, refreshing, and a crowd pleaser! The cool crisp cucumber paired with the creamy dill mayo in between two soft pieces of bread is the perfect way to celebrate the race. So, grab your floppy hat, a cucumber sandwich, and make a toast to those talented horses!
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 c cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup green onion, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 6 tablespoon mayo
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- sliced white bread
- Mix together all ingredients expect bread until well blended. Spread mixture on the bread and make a sandwich. Cut the crust and cute into four triangle pieces for perfect petite cucumber tea sandwiches!
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas