During this tragic time, Scarborough Fare wants to encourage followers to stay positive! Take a second to appreciate the extra time you get to spend with your nearest and dearest. The best place to spend time with loved ones is in the kitchen; laughing, taste testing and forgetting about the outside world. We have a perfect recipe that will gather families together in nourishment and happiness! Its easy and even pleases our kids at home!
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Evoo
- 1 1/2 c Mushroom
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/2 c Heavy cream
- 3 oz White or black truffle butter
- 1/4 c Parmesan
- In a saucepan, melt unsalted butter and evoo together. Sauté mushrooms until liquid has evaporated, about 5- 10 minutes. When finished set aside.
- Boil water and cook pasta. Follow directions on the box. While pasta is boiling. In a small pot, heat cream until it simmers.
- Turn to very low heat. Add truffle butter, salt, pepper, and stir until butter melts.
- Combine cooked pasta, truffle cream sauce, chives and parmesan. Stir and Serve. Garnish with additional chives and parmesan.
- Truffle butter can be found at specialty grocery stores like Fresh Market or even on Amazon! Gotta love Amazon. We buy nice truffle butter from a purveyor (8 oz for $28) but you can also get by with using a can of chopped truffle, drained, and mixed with unsalted butter and it creates quite the savings. Cans of chopped truffle usually contain a little bit of truffle and a lot of mushroom thus the cost savings, but it has good flavor and will work nicely in your meal planning. We even stretch our white truffle butter cream sauce by using both options.
- Any questions, always feel free to call Allison 252-714-4948
Article Provided By: Scarborough Fare Catering