Tomato Herb Cream Sauce is our version of “Italian gravy.” The layers of flavor build as you move through the recipe with beautifully fragrant aromas filling the home. Our Italian gravy is creamy, cheesy, and fresh, making this sauce absolutely irresistible. Tomato Herb Cream Sauce is enjoyable over any kind of pasta, so use what you enjoy! We like to serve it with penne, ravioli, and especially cheese tortellini. When making this sauce, make extra as it freezes well and makes an easy dinner!
- 1 – 15 oz can Whole Tomatoes, drained, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil, chopped (divided)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Italian Parsley, chopped (divided)
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1/3 cup Clam Juice
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan + extra for garnish
- In a large pot, add tomatoes, 1/4 cup basil, 1/4 cup parsley, and the red pepper flakes. Cook for a few minutes while constantly stirring.
- Add wine and clam juice. Bring mixture to a boil and let sauce reduce by about half.
- Add the heavy cream. Stir and cook for about 4 minutes. Add parmesan and remaining herbs.
- Toss together cooked pasta and sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle parmesan as garnish and serve!
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas