With so many variations to such a popular dessert worldwide, pound cake is yet another classic American Southern cuisine. This take will have you craving more, guaranteed!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1, 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted once before measuring
- pinch of salt
- Mix cream cheese and butter in mixer at low speed scraping down walls of bowl once.
- Add sugar and beat on low until fluffy and blended well. Scrape bowl once again.
- Add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add vanilla and almond and incorporate well.
- Add the salt to the cake flour and then spoon the mixture into the mixing bowl little by little incorporating after each addition.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan or layer cake pans and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees. A bundt cake averages 1 hour and 20 minutes cooking time. Test with your cake tester to make sure tester comes out clean.
- Let stand in pan for 10 minutes on wire rack, then remove and finish cooling on wire rack.
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas