Need a new summertime appetizer? SFC has you covered! Our Shrimp, Avocado, Cucumber Canapé is the best way to impress your guests without hassle. It is an extremely simple and healthy app with great depth of flavor. The shrimp marinates in a Mexican style seasoning bringing a little kick to the bite. This dish works great for parties because it is delicious warm, room-temperature, or chilled!
- 1 lbs. shrimp, peeled & deveined, preferably 26/30 count or smaller
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp evoo (split in half)
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into rings
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towel and place in a large bowl. Add garlic, cilantro, paprika, cayenne pepper, and 1 tbsp evoo. Mix until incorporated.
- Heat large pan over medium heat with remaining evoo. Once pan is hot, add shrimp and sauté for about 2 minutes per side.
- In a bowl, mash together avocado, salt, and lime juice until creamy.
- Time to assemble. Spread avocado mixture over cucumber slices. Place shrimp on top of the avocado mixture. Garnish with additional cilantro
Can hold in fridge up to 4 hours
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas