This Rosemary-Ginger cocktail provides a twist on serving gin! It is perfect during the holiday season as it is reminiscent of celebrations and the smell of Christmas trees.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of packed fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/3 cup of coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of gin
- 1 cup of rosemary-ginger simple syrup
- 1 cup of sparkling water
- 1/2 cup of fresh lime juice
- 10 ice cubes
- Bring all syrup ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Let stand, uncovered, 1 hour at room temperature.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pushing down on solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine gin, 1 cup of rosemary-ginger simple syrup, sparkling water and lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Add ice cubes and shake until well-chilled. Strain 3/4 cup into glass and serve.
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas