This is the very best queso dip I have ever had! My dear friend, Jillana Zipf, has many talents from art to cooking! She was a recent house guest and prepared the best appetizers after a day on the beach. I was amazed as I walked in from the boat and she and her husband Adam had quickly prepared unbelievable apps including queso dip, tuna and watermelon canapes, and pork and pineapple mini tacos. Jillana and Adam are encouraged to visit as often as possible!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 3/4 lb of pepperjack cheese, finely chopped
- 4 ounces of good quality fontina or mozzarella, shredded
- 1 1/4 cup of half n half
- 2 tablespoons of canned jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- chopped cilantro, tomatoes, jalapenos and cotija cheese for garnish
- Heat the half n half over medium/high heat in a small saucepan
- Once simmering, (just before boiling) reduce heat to low
- Stir in the cheese in batches, beginning with the pepperjack. As you stir in the cheese, increase the heat to medium and whisk CONSTANTLY while the cheese melts. Once each batch is melted, add more. Do NOT stop stirring. You must whisk the entire time while you add cheese.
- After stirring in the pepperjack, stir in the mozzarella or fontina, stirring constantly.
- Once all of the cheese is melted, stir in the jalapenos, chili powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add the queso into a small nonstick skillet and broil for about 3-4 minutes
- Top with cilantro, tomatoes, jalapenos, and cotija cheese
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas