If you can get your hands on the last bit of this years fresh yellow corn, make this recipe! You will not regret it! This recipe is at its best when using fresh corn, not frozen! Corn cakes are great as a side dish or an appetizer.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 3 cups of fresh corn kernels (about 4 cobs)
- 1 small chopped red onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of fresh coriander, including stems and leaves
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- olive oil for cooking
- Place 2 cups of the corn kernels, onion, eggs, coriander, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until combined
- Place this mixture into a large bowl and add the remaining corn kernels and mix to combine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil into a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat.
- When the oil is hot, drop 1 tablespoon of mixture into the pan. Cook in batches for 1-2 minutes for each side.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve with avocado salsa!
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas