Oh, how we have a new found love for soba noodles! The best thing about soba noodles is…THEY ARE GLUTEN FREE! Soba noodles are made from buckwheat which is a grain-like seed packed with high protein content. This dish is full of colorful veggies tossed in a delicious lime, ginger, sesame oil sauce. These noodles are delicious by themselves or paired with sautéed shrimp, glazed salmon, seared tuna or of course your favorite protein.
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 oz soba noodles
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- edamame, blanched
- purple cabbage, shredded
- napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon scallions/green onions/chives
- 1/4 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- In a bowl, stir together lime, soy sauce, honey, ginger, sesame oil, and pepper.
- Cook soba noodles. Be careful.. soba noodles are a little tricky. They need constant movement so they do not stick together. First, you must rinse your noodles before you boil but only rinse them right before cooking. When rinsing, constantly move fingers through noodles. After rinsing, place in boiling water for 6 minutes or tender and continuously stir. Drain and rinse with cold water, also constantly moving fingers through noodles.
- Add dressing to soba noodles and toss. Add carrots, red pepper, edamame, purple cabbage, naba cabbage, and scallions and toss. Garnish with black sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Movement is key with soba noodles!
- You can make noodles ahead of time, make sure you dress with evoo or sesame oil so avoid noodles sticking together.
- Always feel free to call us if you get nervous! Allison 252-714-4948
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas