With Thanksgiving and Christmas quickly approaching, you may find yourself needing a wonderful turkey brine for your holiday turkey. This citrus brine is guarantees that your turkey will be moist, tender and flavorful.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 cup of salt
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
- 1.5 gallons of cold water
- Rub salt onto your turkey and place remaining salt, lemons, oranges, onion, garlic, bay leaves, thyme and pepper into a large pot. Place turkey in the pot and fill with water. Refrigerate overnight. Discard brine after removing turkey.
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas