Click link for step-by-step video!
Need a new favorite cocktail?! Well look no further, we have the perfect drink for you! Charred Pineapple & Jalapeño Refresher is the ultimate summertime sipper. The sweetness of the agave nectar and pineapple paired with the smokiness from Mezcal results in a fresh and cooling cocktail. As soon as the drink hits your lips, you can’t help but picture yourself at the beach. It’s the perfect little “getaway!”
- 1 handful of Jalapeño, diced
- 1 handful of Pineapple, diced (SAVE A FEW SLICES FOR GARNISH!)
- 2 Tablespoons of agave nectar
- 1 handful of mint
- 1/4 Cup of orange liquor
- 1/4 Cup of mezcal
- 1 Cup of pineapple juice
- 2 limes, juiced
- For Garnish, On a hot grill/grill pan/or stove top, cook a few pineapple slices on each side for 1-2 minutes. You want the slices to be slightly golden in color, not burnt.
- In a cocktail shaker add a handful of pineapple chunks, handful of jalapeño chunks, agave nectar, and mint. Muddle together for a minute until pineapple has been smashed and their juices have been released. Next, add in orange liqueur, mezcal, pineapple juice and lime juice. Shake well for about 30 – 60 seconds.
- Strain cocktail into a glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with charred pineapple slices , jalapeño dices, and mint.
For a stronger smokey flavor, we suggest charring the pineapple diced for the drink as well as the garnish.
If you have any questions, feel free to call Allison Thomas, 252-714-4948
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas