I love chai tea! This mocktail is fresh, lively, and a special offering for those desiring a non-alcoholic beverage. I find star anise in the Mexican spice area of grocery stores.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of fresh lime juice
- 8-12 ounces of club soda
- 4 whole star anise pods
- 4 lemon twists
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1 cup boiling water
- Combine the tea bags and 1 cup of boiling water in a small bowl; cover and let sit for 8-10 minutes
- Add sugar; stir to dissolve.
- Squeeze & discard tea bags and let cool.
- Stir chai syrup and lime juice in pitcher to combine.
- Divide among 4 rocks glasses filled with ice and add 2-3 ounces of club soda to each. Garnish with anise pods and lemon twists.
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas