The Fourth of July is quickly approaching and BBQ shrimp is a perfect dish highlighting local, fresh seafood! We prefer to use peeled and deveined shrimp with the tail on as our guests prefer to keep their fingers nice and clean. For catering purposes, we sauté the shrimp in an iron skillet as it is fast and allows us to serve guests in a timely fashion. In the recipe below, we utilize peel & eat shrimp cooked on the Barbie. Try this peel and eat BBQ Shrimp recipe at home with family and friends. You are going to love it!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1/4 cup of smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons of ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 2 pounds (21 to 24 count) large shrimp, shell on
- 6 cloves of coarsely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced green onion, divided
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for about 25 minutes (if desired)
- Whisk together the paprika, ancho powder, brown sugar, cumin, garlic, canola oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl, add the spice rub and stir well to coat each shrimp
- Heat grill to high
- Skewer half the shrimp and place on a grill pan to cook until just cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Stir half of the green onions and transfer to a large platter. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and repeat with remaining ingredients.
Article Provided By: Justin Wilkes