Social House Vodka is locally made in Kinston, North Carolina and produces quality vodka! We had the pleasure of hosting Social House Vodka recently at the Martinsborough in Uptown Greenville and created menu items utilizing their vodka! This “Grownup Mac and Cheese” is hearty, delicious, and very adult-like, including fresh spinach, feta, and parmesan! Be sure to see the Social Sipper recipe, which includes Social House vodka and elderflower liqueur.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Vodka Sauce
- 1.5 cups of tomato puree
- 1/2 medium onions, very finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups of uncooked whole-wheat elbow pasta
- 3 cups of baby spinach
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- For Vodka Sauce
- In a saucepan, heat oil. Add garlic and onion and saute until it turns soft.
- Add salt, pepper, chili flakes and oregano and mix.
- Now, add tomato puree and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Pour vodka in and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Add salt to taste, if required.
- Add heavy cream and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Keep the sauce aside to be used later.
- For Vodka Mac and Cheese
- Rub some oil on the baking pan and preheat oven to 375F.
- Boil water in a saucepan, sprinkle a little salt and boil pasta for 4 minutes.
- Mix boiled pasta with the sauce and spinach. In the baking pan, pour half of the pasta and add half of the crumbled feta cheese.
- Next, pour half of the pasta, sprinkle the rest of the feta cheese on it and top with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until it is golden and crispy on top.
Article Provided By: Scarborough Fare Catering