Tuna Tartar is a great dish to welcome in the warm weather with the freshness and flavors of the ingredients used. This dish is simple and light but packed with loads of flavor. The recipe is also great because you can easily adjust the heat level by putting more or less wasabi powder and jalapeno peppers to make it taste right just right for you. It is perfect off a bamboo spoon or a fried wonton.
- 1 lbs Tuna, cut into small diced
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lime, zested
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/3 tablespoon pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a bowl, mix together evoo, lime zest, lime juice, wasabi, soy sauce, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the tuna, add the scallions and jalapeno, and mix well.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed, and peel. Cut the avocados into 1/4-inch dice. Carefully mix the avocado into the tuna mixture.
- Add the toasted sesame seeds, if using, and season to taste.
- Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour for the flavors to blend.
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas