Strawberry season is quickly approaching and what better way to utilize this sweet, fresh, locally grown fruit than by making a strawberry mojito. This refreshing drink would be perfect on a warm spring day! People love this drink recipe! It is very easy to make and easier to make in bulk!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 11 ounces strawberries, hulled (2-3/4 cups)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 10 large fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup of white or amber rum
- 1 cup of club soda
- Mint sprigs, lime wedges, or fresh strawberries to garnish.
- In a medium pitcher, combine the strawberries, lime juice, sugar and mint leaves and crust with a muddler or wooden spoon until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. Add the rum and stir gently.
- Fill 4 rocks glasses 3/4 full with ice, divide the mojito among them, and top each of them with about 1/4 cup of club soda. Garnish with mint sprigs, lime wedges or strawberries.
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas