Click link for step-by-step video!
SFC wishes you a happy and healthy Easter! Easter this year may not be like any other, but it is a perfect time to pause and appreciate what’s truly important in life, each other. We have a scrumptious recipe that will gather the whole family in the kitchen. Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake is the perfect way to start Easter morning; Assign the kids tasks, throw on aprons, and have some fun! As the smell of lemon fills the air, prayers can be shared as all things are made new this easter season. Check below for a step-by-step video! Combine this coffee cake with a mimosa and our Deviled Eggs Benedict (Recipe posted this past Thursday) for a perfect start to the day.
- 2 cups ap flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ap flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter & flour a springform pan.
- Mix together crumb topping ingredients and set aside
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, vanilla, and milk. Mix in lemon zest. Add dry ingredient mixture and mix until incorporated. Stir in blueberries.
- Evenly spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle crumb topping over top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. While the cake is cooking, whisk together icing ingredients and set aside.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and remove. Drizzle icing over cake.
If you need any assistance feel free to call
Allison Thomas, 252-714-4948
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas