Roast and toast the New Year with a crowd pleasing oyster roast of plump, sweet, and briney steamers or enjoy them raw with cucumber-ginger mignonette. Oyster roasts are delicious and just good ole fun with cold drinks a plenty. We love ours served with cold beer and crisp white wine such as Cliff Lede Sauvignon Blanc or elegant Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Blanc. Of course, every party should close with a sweet. We love the rustic lemon square and its buttery crust is perfect! Enjoy and Happy New Year!
What You’ll need:
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 sticks (1 Cup) Salted Butter, Cut Into Small Pieces
- 1-1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 4 whole Large Eggs
- Zest And Juice Of 4 Medium-sized Lemons
- Powered Sugar, For Sifting
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan with butter
- Sift the flour, sugar and salt. Add the butter to the bowl and use a pastry cutter to cut it all together until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press into the prepared pan and bake until golden around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- For the filling: Stir together the sugar and flour. Crack in the eggs and whisk to combine. Add the lemon zest and juice into the mixture until combined. Pour over the crust and bake about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, then sift powered sugar over the top before cutting.
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas