Our Guinness braised short ribs are lick your lips delicious! This meat is packed with flavor and is fall of the bone tender. Guinness braised short ribs is one of our fall favorites because it is hearty and warm! These short ribs pair great over creamy grits or mashed potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 large sweet onion
- 4 garlic gloves, smashed
- 6 large ginger slices
- 32 oz Guinness
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 oz soy sauce
- 4 oz rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon sriracha
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300 F. Using a large roasting pan place over medium high heat. Add the vegetable oil and brown the short ribs.
- Drain the frat from the pot and add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook until slightly browned and tender.
- Add Guinness, cinnamon stick, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Add short ribs to the braise and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and finish the braise in the oven. Cook for three hours or until the short ribs are falling off the bone.
- Remove the short ribs onto a sheet try and strain the braising liquid. Carefully remove the using a ladle. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the ketchup and sriracha sauce. Reduce by half or until the same has thickened significantly. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, grill the ribs and baste with the bbq sauce.
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas