Such a genius combination of ingredients packed into a small delightful, fresh lump crab cake, fried until perfection. Top it off, to complement all of those flavors, by adding a light and zesty lemon dill sauce!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- cayenne to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh basil and parsley
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons each butter and vegetable oil
- Flake the crab meat and remove bits of shell and cartilage.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet. Add the garlic, scallion and red pepper. Saute for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the whipping cream, mustard, and cayenne.
- Remove from the heat. Let stand until slightly cool.
- Add the egg, basil, parsley, 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs and the crab meat and mix lightly.
- Shape into 16 patties 2 inches in diameter.
- Mix the remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.
- Dredge the patties in the crumb mixture until coated. Place on a platter.
- Chill, covered, for 1 hour or longer.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and fry for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain in paper towels. Serve with Lemon Dill Sauce.
Article Provided By: Scarborough Fare Catering