Eggnog is a crowd pleaser during the holiday season! Eggnog is a beverage that is constantly requested during the winter season! No Christmas should occur without eggnog, especially this degree of flavor and spirit! Pun intended!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup of superfine sugar
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 3 cups of heavy cream, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup of bourbon
- 1/4 cup of dark rum
- 1/4 cup of Cognac
- Freshly grated nutmeg, for sprinkling
- Beat egg yolks in a very large bowl until thick and pale. Slowly bean in sugar. Whisk in milk and 2 cups of cream. Mix in bourbon, rum, and Cognac. Cover and refrigerate for up to one day.
- Just before serving, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into eggnog. Whisk one remaining 1 cup of cream until stiff peaks form and fold into eggnog. Sprinkle with nutmeg and enjoy!
Article Provided By: Allison Thomas