Our kitchen team relies on written recipes to keep food consistent and delicious. The Lee Brothers’ Cookbook is a wonderful resource for southern specialties like fried green tomatoes and bird’s head biscuits. The saltiness of these biscuits are on point! The Lee Brothers’ Cookbook contains this spreadable pimento cheese with an alternate recipe for hot pimento cheese! This spicy version is absolutely wonderful on biscuits, benne wafers, or fresh baked bread! Pimento cheese is a southern tradition that is truly a crowd pleaser and easy on the wallet!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 8 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup of softened cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons of mayo, preferably Dukes (of course)
- 1/2 cup of roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the mayo and beat until combined.
- Then add in the roasted red peppers and cheddar cheese and mix until combined.
- Add the red pepper flakes, salt and pepper into the pimento cheese.
Article Provided By: Scarborough Fare Catering