This cake is definitely a crowd pleaser! This recipe is in every church cookbook, but we put our own spin on it! The original recipe calls for Hershey’s milk chocolate, instead we use good dark chocolate. The darker the better!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Swiss Chocolate cake mix
- 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-3/4 cup of milk
- 1-8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of sugar
- Dark chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 1- 12 ounce container of Cool Whip
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift cake and pudding mixes together. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil, and milk. Add to dry mixture and beat well.
- Pour into a floured cake pan and bake for 25- 30 minutes.
- Icing: Beat together cream cheese and sugars until very creamy. Fold in Hershey pieces into cream cheese mixture. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Allow cake to cool and assemble and ice the cake.
Article Provided By: Scarborough Fare Catering